Here is a very useful article from WikiHow explaining in 12 easy steps how you can build your own home basketball system.
from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Do you wish to buy your own backyard basketball hoop to practice basketball? Today, there are many affordable and easy to install basketball systems available in the market. With our own basketball system you can go for endless hours of exercise. Once you through with what type of basketball system you want, you just have to follow certain simple instructions to install it on your own.
- Decide what type of basketball goals would suit your requirements depending upon your lifestyle, available recreational space and where you would want to install it.
- Choose the site for your playing court and basketball hoop. It is advisable to choose a flat cemented surface where you can easily play a game without the players getting tumbles.
- Place the order for your own in-ground basketball goal. You can directly go to a sports shop in your locality and order it or you can locate some good online store to place your order.
- Begin the installation process. First you need to dig a square hole with your shovel at the location where the pole needs to be installed. The hole must be about 2 by 2 feet with a depth of at least 2 feet.
- Take out the pole from the basketball kit and with the help of a marker, mark a line which must be approximately 18 inches from the bottom of the poll. Use a tape measure for correct measurements.
- Mix 850 pounds dry concrete with the exact amount of water as mentioned on the bag.
- Pour the mix on the hole and press the cement properly before inserting the basketball pole till the marked line of 18 inch.
- Fill the pole with the concrete mix. While doing so make sure the pole is standing straight from the ground.
- Allow the concrete to settle down properly and dry for at least 48 hours.
- With the help of a flathead screwdriver and wrench attach the basketball hoop to the backboard and after that fix the net to the basketball hoop.
- Use a step ladder to attach the basketball backboard to the pole. While doing so make sure that the basketball rim stands 10 feet high from the ground.
- Build your team of players and fetch a basketball to start playing a match in the newly installed basketball court.
- Always buy high quality basketball system.
- Buy basketball net made of metal.
- Check the goal properly to make sure that it fits perfectly in the backboard.
- Place the hoop in right way to enjoy a game without any obstacle.
Things You’ll Need
- 850 pounds dry concrete mix
- Tape measure
- Flathead screwdriver
- Step ladder
- How to Improve at Basketball
- How to Find a Pickup Basketball Game
- How to Do a Basketball Hop Step
- How to Do Crossover in Basketball
- How to Be a College Basketball Fan
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Install a Home Basketball System on Your Own. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.